“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
What most people don't know is that microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere both indoors and outdoors. The concept of ¨removing mold¨ is actually impossible. Though mold spores exist almost everywhere, it doesn't mean you have a mold problem. The problem can occur when excess moisture is introduced to your property, which allows for mold to begin to grow, spread, and cause damage.
Our SERVPRO of Cape Coral South team understands mold and mold growth. When our team arrives on site, you can trust that our crew has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (239) 573-5911
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (239) 573-5911
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Cape Coral South is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2070 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: